Gum Surgery – Costa Rica / San Jose
Keeping your teeth clean and shiny demonstrates that you are a healthy person and that you take care of your mouth. However, in some cases regular cleaning might not be enough to achieve and maintain a perfect smile.
Some of our Costa Rica cosmetic dentistry patients have less-than-perfect smiles because their gums are stained or disproportioned. Having big gums or teeth that are too small or too large are prevalent aesthetic problems. These conditions are often referred to as a “gummy smile.” Clínica Gadea Ramírez can help individuals correct their “gummy smile” by performing gum surgery in Costa Rica. Aesthetic gum surgery can correct pigmentation problems, adjust the size of the gums, and enhance both the health and the look of the whole mouth.
Clínica Gadea Ramírez uses the most advanced equipment, which allows our highly trained periodontists to do an impeccable job when performing these procedures:
- Gingivectomy: This treatment eliminates part of the gum tissue covering the crowns of the teeth. It is perfect for short teeth because it helps elongate the teeth.
- Frenectomy: Sometimes braces cause functional, visual and phonetic problems. We can help by removing the braces for a better quality of life.
- Gingivoplasty: We transform the gum line to be level with the teeth for a better-looking smile.
- Removing Gum Stains: This technique removes the gum stains caused by the skin pigment melanin.
- Covering Exposed Roots: This technique covers the exposed roots of the teeth with soft tissue in some areas where gums have receded as a result of a variety of causes, including periodontal disease.